Joint Academic Committee
The purpose of the JAC is to provide a means of communication between students and senior members of the Department. The minutes of JAC meeings form a standing item at the termly Departmental Meetings for senior members of the Department, and the response of the Departmental Meetings forms a standing item at the JAC meetings. Any undergraduate may raise issues at JAC meetings, either through their year representative or in person. To see the JAC minutes, please log in to the student intranet.
MembershipMembership of the committee is comprised of one representative from each year group, and three senior members.
Members of the committee for the current year are:
- Professor Simon Keynes (Chair: Michaelmas & Lent) Dr Fiona Edmonds (Chair: Easter)
- Dr Elizabeth Rowe (Secretary)
- Dr Máire Ní Mhaonaigh
- Rob Howell (First year representative)
- Caroline Purse (Second year representative)
- Anna Millward (Third year representative)
Any member of the Department may attend and speak at meetings, but only members of the committee may vote.
Elections are co-ordinated by the Departmental Secretary in Michaelmas Term, and are conducted by e-mail.
Meetings are held on the last Wednesday of term, usually at 1.00pm in the ASNC Common Room.
- JAC Constitution (pdf 59kb)