Scholars whose research brings them temporarily to Cambridge, or who feel that their research would benefit from spending time visiting the Department of Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic, are welcome to apply for Academic Visitor status. Further information is available from the Society for Visiting Scholars.
What we can offer Academic Visitors
- Access to most ASNC undergraduate lectures, classes and seminars
- Reading and borrowing rights at the English Faculty Library
- Reading rights at the University Library
- Invitations to Departmental events, such as guest speaker lectures
- Membership of the Society for Visiting Scholars
What we can't offer Academic Visitors
- University membership
- College membership
- Financial assistance
The normal length of appointment is between one and three terms.
Please note that during Easter Term there will not be a full timetable of lectures, and during the summer research period (July to September) Senior Members of the Department may be away from Cambridge.
A fee of £500 is payable termly in advance.
The fee does not cover private tuition from members of the Department; Visiting Scholars who require this must arrange and pay for any tuition privately.
How to apply
Please apply in writing, stating your current academic affiliations and research interests and your intended period of research in Cambridge, to the Head of Department at 9 West Road, Cambridge, CB3 9DP.