Converting the Isles
- You can listen to audio podcasts from all of our colloquia and invited lectures.
- For 'Pagan and Christian', click here.
- For 'Conversion and Social Change', click here.
- For 'Literacy, Memory and the Conversion of the Isles', click here.
- For 'Converting Landscapes', click here.
- For 'The Isles and the Wider World', click here.
- For Professor Ian Wood's lecture 'What is a Mission' at UCD, click here.
- For Professor Joel Robbins's lecture 'A Discussion on Anthropology and the Study of Christianity' at ASNC, click here.
- Continously updated bibliographies:
- Selected essays:
- Dr Sæbjørg Walaker Nordeide's chapter The Conversion of Scandinavia, an English translation of which will be published in the first volume of essays to emerge from the activities of Converting the Isles.
- Professor Joel Robbins's analysis of current trends in the anthropology of Christianity.
- Professor Joel Robbins's article How do religions end? with a response by Dr Máire Ní Mhaonaigh.
- Dr Roy Flechner's article Pope Gregory and the British: mission as a canonical problem.
- Dr Roy Flechner's article Conversion to Christianity in early medieval Ireland.
- You can find out more about our partners, collaborators and other researchers working on conversion from our links page here.