The Teaching and Learning Workshop is an optional and informal workshop where students and staff get together and exchange ideas and experiences relating to various study skills - usually focusing on a theme or topic. The workshop is usually held at the beginning of Lent Term in the departmental Common Room and we even throw in lunch! Students usually find it very useful and are encouraged to come along.
The workshop in Lent Term 2015 is yet to be announced - watch this space!
Previous themes have covered:
- Essay Writing - what makes a good essay, and ways you might make yours better
- How to use CamTools
- Alternative modes of assessment at Part I
- Language-learning - effective techniques
- Summative Assessment - how to approach Examinations
- Breaking the Ice - about speaking out in discussions
- Tripos Reform
- Methods of Assessment.