The Graduate Symposium meets four or five times in the Easter Term. It is attended by all of the graduate students in the Department (MPhil and PhD) and by all of the senior members.
Graduate Symposium Easter Term 2013:
The ASNC Graduate Symposium will be held Thursday afternoons, on 2nd, 16th, 23rd, and 30th May from 4pm. All sessions will be held in GR06/07 except the final session which will be held in GR05. The last session will be followed by a cocktail party.
Titles will follow in due course.
Graduate Symposium 2012:
The themes for 2012 were:
- WTF: Wh-questions, Texts & [Word] Formation’
- All the ends of the earth shall remember, and shall be converted to the Lord: And all the kindreds of the Gentiles shall adore in his sight
- It’s all Greek to me!
- Ooh, behave! Beyond the boundaries of expected behaviour
Graduate Symposium 2011:
The themes for 2011 were:
- Connecting the Past and Future
- In Difference: Uncovering Meaning through Juxtoposition
- The Seven Deadly Sins
Graduate Symposium 2010:
The themes for 2010 were:
- 'It's About Time!'
- Crime and misfortune
- Great Minds
Graduate Symposium 2009:
The themes for 2009 were:
- Light and Dark
- Killing in the Name of
- Drink Semantics
Graduate Symposium 2008:
The themes for 2008 were:
- Out of sight, out of mind
- One Swallow does not a summer make
- There's many a slip 'twixt cup and lip
- If you're in an hole, stop digging
Symposium Schedule 2008 (pdf)